From May 15 to August 12, 2017, I will be working as a Program and Development Intern for the Salzburg Global Seminar in Salzburg, Austria.
The mission of Salzburg Global Seminar is to challenge current and future leaders to solve issues of global concern.
To do this Salzburg Global designs, facilitates and hosts international strategic convening and multi-year programs to tackle systems challenges critical for the next generation.
Originally founded in 1947 to encourage the revival of intellectual dialogue in post-war Europe, the Seminar is a catalyst for global engagement on critical issues in education, health, environment, economics, governance, peace-building and more.
Salzburg Global works with carefully chosen partners to drive social change in the areas of imagination, sustainability, and justice.
Salzburg Global connects the most talented people and the most innovative ideas, challenging governments, institutions and individuals at all stages of development and all sectors to rethink their relationships and identify shared interests and goals.
As a Program intern, I will work directly with the Chief Program Officer, Program Directors, and Program Associates to develop, implement, and document each program. I will also be expected to support the administrative functions of Salzburg Global Seminar and its programs, through duties including:
- Assisting Program Staff in session planning preparations by researching potential attendees and institutions
- Attending and participating in session planning meetings and preparing notes to share with the team
- Providing topical research on future potential sessions.
- Administrative functions such as database support, printing, copying, mailings, etc.
As a Development intern, I will work across Salzburg Global’s teams, offices, and levels to help develop programs and research new fundraising opportunities and prospective partnerships. My typical tasks include:
- Conducting research for the Development Team regarding potential institutional and individual donors, summarize findings and make recommendations regarding follow-up;
- Drafting program-related concept notes and assisting in the development of proposals and reports to partners and institutional supporters;
- Reviewing and editing concept papers and grant proposals for clarity